Ubuntu 2018 CAL Kits
In collaboration with Scheepjes, Dedri Uys, the designer behind
Look What I Made brings you Scheepjes 2018 CAL - The theme for this year's CAL (Crochet-A-Long) is "UBUNTU - the belief that we are defined by our compassion and kindness towards others”. The word Ubuntu is a Nguni Bantu term meaning “humanity towards others”, but it is much more than that and so hard to define with just one word or sentence. It’s as if the concept is a picture puzzle and each definition, although true in itself, only forms one piece of the puzzle.
- The CAL begins on the 12th of September 2018 and it will run for 12 weeks.
- Kits are available in three sizes: small, medium and large.
- The small kit includes Scheepjes Cotton 8. The medium kit includes Scheepjes Stone Washed. The large kit includes Scheepjes Stone Washed XL & River Washed XL.
- Written-only PDF pattern pieces will be released weekly at 12:00 UK time for the duration of the CAL.
- You will find them via the official Scheepjes CAL groups (on Facebook) and the Scheepjes website.
- You may add the pattern to your Ravelry queue here.
- Video tutorials will be available from It’s All in a Nutshell (UK terms and Dutch).